Saturday, December 26, 2015

Welcome to Greener Living: Essential Oil Nerd

Yes I have fallen down the essential oil road with many other people out there...but you actually might like it here!! The purpose of this blog is to basically post what I am learning as I learn it myself! I am currently taking some courses at Aromahead Institute and honestly I love journaling and online is the easiest way for me...so welcome to my Essential Oil Journal!

Why essential oils? Honestly it is rather interesting and I always enjoyed chemistry/science so as I started to dive more into essential oils I really liked learning about them and the things they can help with in your everyday life. I feel like we all struggle with some daily challenges that are either stressful, nauseating (literally), overwhelming etc. For our household we have alot of stress and lack of calmness (thanks to my three kids), but also alot of fatigue and sleep problems (especially me). Oils have been around for years and have helped with all these scenarios taking place in my household, so why wouldn't I try this essential oil kick everyone is on right?

The farmgirl side of this oil nerd... I also farm and feed my animals organically and totally believe in healthier, greener living! I tend to not even look at marketing labels anymore and just immediately turn a product around and start reading the ingredients. (Cant fool this gal with colorful and non meaningful words on your labels!) I also sell certified organic products! The company has a smaller oil line and keeps coming out with more oil options, but also the basis of our ingredients are actually essential oils. So, since I personally use and sell the products that contain these essential oils I wanted to know what my ingredients were in the products I was using! So here I am on the essential oil path and wow there is alot of info! I wanted to blog about what I learn just to keep my head on straight or my brain won't shut off at night!

So my promise to you is I will try and stick to just the essential oil topic, since I deal with many other topics and if you want to know more about farming life, well you can visit my other blog page Aisling Farms to go even one step further into the self sustaining and organically, clean lifestyle!

So sit back and make sure you subscribe to this blog (scroll to the bottom to subscribe) so that you will get notified of when I get into my mode of needing to put things in writing! Feel free to ask questions and if I don't know the answer I will research it. God knows I have plenty of study material on my bedside table in regards to essential oils and the pile keeps growing!

Just know that the number one thing I am dedicated to is being safe with oils. I recommend going first through the tabs on this blog and learning safety, how to use the oils and what are essential oils!


-EO Nerd