Monday, February 8, 2016

Eczema Lotion Blend


I decided to combine these two oils in an unscented baby lotion I use and I love the smell. Vetiver is super thick so you need to warm it up in your hands or a warm glass of water to thin it a bit. Vetiver helps with acne, arthritis, muscle aches/pains and helps with lowered immunity. Lavender essential oil is great for abrasions, acne, aging skin, burns, scarring and great for skin disorders. These two oils combined into a lotion will work wonders on your skin. I have celiac disease so a good, non greasy lotion is great when I can find one. This unscented lotion fits perfect for this recipe. Great for rashes, eczema, dry patches and itchy skin! (since I am a rep for Poofy Organics I tend to use the products I have one hand especially the oils but there are other options for unscented lotion and oils out there just make sure you look at the ingredients listed and you trust the oils are pure)

Ingredients:
60ml (2oz) of Unscented Organic Lotion
10 drops of Vetiver Essential Oil (Vetiveria zizanioides): Helps heals scars and immune system booster.
10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula angustifolia) Anti bacterial, anti-fungal, stimulates cell growth.

Directions:
Add ingredients into a container. A snap PET lid would be better but all I had was a jar. Mix together with a glass stirring rod for about a minute and you are all set with a great moisturizer for those trouble spots!

Safety: 
This is a 2% dilution so safe for adults and teens and best to use when the skin is inflamed as it will sooth and calm the skin. As always make sure you spot check before just rubbing this lotion all over your body. This is meant to be used as a hand and body lotion. 





No comments:

Post a Comment